Wednesday, April 27, 2011

On the Road Again

Now that the weather has changed and school is letting out, many of us will be off for a family vacation. This brings back fond memories of hours in the back seat of a car with motion sickness - the queasy stomach, dizzy head, and increasing temperature. Yep, those were the days.

In the past, I have tried the over thecounter medicine sold to help with the symptoms of motion sickness. I found it to be largely unhelpful. Everybody is different and has different reactions to things, so if it works for you, I am glad.

Now, I use ginger root to help settle my stomach. Safe and quick, ginger root has been found to be helpful in several studies, and was even tested on MythBusters. Ginger root comes in pill, power, chewable gumlets, and cookies!

I also would suggest keeping peppermint around for your trip. A recent study has shown it to be effective for gastrointestinal pain and discomfort.  This may also prove useful for that long car ride.

Are we there yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment