Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Lunch at the Bar

When I was much younger, I worked in a place that was so busy that I was not able to physically consume enough calories to maintain my body's exertion. By the end of the season, my body was wrecked, and serious illnesses were common among my peers. In an effort to solve this dilemma, I tried to use protein bars as a supplemental calorie source. The taste was so enjoyable, I soon referred to them as poo bars.

That was then. Now the selection and palatability of the bars available today is much improved. Nutrition bars come in several styles, including high protein, energy, fiber, and meal replacement. The taste of these can be as good as or better than candy bars available at the grocery. Nutritionally, they can do anything from being a light snack to a full and filling meal.

Quick and easy, compared to a fast food sandwich or burger they come out way ahead. Anyone interested in body shaping, or just eating a healthier meal on the road, should explore the selection available at your local retailer. You may have to try a few to find what you like, but your tastes will be covered. Ask the people working there for their opinions, chances are they have eaten them for a quick lunch and know which are good and which still taste like chocolate covered sawdust.

No comments:

Post a Comment