Wednesday, April 13, 2011

This Has Got to Be Stopped

Please explain how invasive surgery is the go-to answer for weight management. The death rate for this type of surgery is about 0.5%, or 1 out of 200. 

That may sound good but I can look out my window and see that many people go by every minute or two. This is the number that are dieing to loose weight.

It must be said that for some incredibly small segment of the population, surgery is the correct and life saving option. However, I think that the source of most people's lack of success with weight control is given in this quote from the article:

"The first realization was that diets didn't work and actually made things worse, as after finishing the diet I put the weight I'd lost back on,"

You cannot go back to eating poorly and expect to stay healthy; after all that is how the weight problem started.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

Gonna get off my soapbox now.

No comments:

Post a Comment