Monday, January 30, 2012

Product Review: N.O. Xplode

With the summer months coming up, this time of year brings me questions from people who want to get in shape for the warm weather. Referred to as “cutting” or “getting cut up”, people are really saying the want to lose fat and keep or build more muscle. They are hitting the gym and exercising regularly. It is not uncommon, while in the gym, to hear people talking about the supplements they are using.

Pre-workout drinks are one of the most commonly used workout supplements. They are meant to provide your body with the tools it needs to get a better workout. Over the next few weeks, I will review the products I have tried, in an effort to give you an idea of what to look for and how to make your own selection.

One of the top selling pre-workout drinks in the market place is N.O. Xplode. Around for several years, BSN has recently updated the formula to version 2.0 adding beta alanine to the formula. I would only recommend this product to someone just starting out. It uses a combination of caffeine and sugar to deliver a sense of energy for your workout. I call this product the “training wheels” of the pre-workout world. It gives the user a sense of what a pre-workout should deliver.

My tolerance to stimulants is well known by the people asking me for help, and I personally do not feel any effect from this product. I would compare it to drinking a cup of coffee before you hit the gym. Keep in mind, that was what a pre-workout was just a few years ago. I did not notice a pump or increased vascularity from the product. Nor did I feel an increase in focus.

If you are very new to the world of stimulants or pre-workouts, using N.O. Xplode will work for you, however, there are much better pre-workouts in the market place for less money.

One note on my reviews: I am not paid by any supplement company, so I have no reason for anything less than an honest representation of the effects a product has on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment