Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What Do You Know

After about four years of misunderstanding and misusing a supplement, I have been schooled!

About 4 years ago I first tried a sports supplement with beta-alanine in it. I within 15 minutes I started to feel the nerves in my skin tingle. It is a prickly feeling that also acts to wake you up. I thought this was the extent to the benefits of the beta-alanine. Sure, I had heard that it was a good alternative to creatine for muscle building, but I never notice much of a difference and creatine is common and effective for muscle production. I also believe that post-workout supplements were more important than pre-workout so I never gave it much thought.

Oops.

This summer I tried Intraxcell fromAthletic Edge Nutrition. I still notice the prickly feeling from the BA but that has gone down over time. After about 3 weeks of consistent supplementation with this product I noticed a significant reduction in muscle fatigue. I am a runner and a cyclist and I have seen a 2 minute improvement in my mile pace while running. I have found that the bar on my pace and distance has been moved well past my previous limits. I had been trying to add about 10% more distance in my run each week. I am easily making that addition and still improving my pace.

Intraxcell is backed by several clinical studies that support its formulation versus other Beta-alanine products in its class. It has several ingredients that also supports its muscle fatigue fighting efforts including NAC. My one problem with Intraxcell stems from the NAC, which comes from a natural sulfur compound. It causes the pills to smell strongly like eggs. I have spoken with Jon Lapolla, from Athletic Edge Nutrition, about this and he assured me that they have worked this problem out of all new product, so I do not expect this to be a problem in the future.

I strongly recommend this product to anyone who is into body shaping of any kind. I find it effective for endurance, MMA, and power lifting types of activities. Follow the dosing instructions on the bottle. The key to your success with this product lies in consistent use.

No comments:

Post a Comment